We are here providing simple and easy to understand user guide to setup ecommerce online store at Bluehost hosting plan. Probably this is your first time setup ecommerce website with shopping cart and accepts PayPal or credit card payment. Setup e-commerce store at Bluehost is much easier than you could imagine. Don’t panic or get frustrated with the setup process, Bluehost is now offering Simplescripts 1-click installer that provide variety of ecommerce shopping carts inside.
If you are a webmaster looking for a budget solution and want to start eCommerce website at no extra cost. These open source shopping carts will be the first choice. Here is the type of ecommerce shopping carts available for quick installation:
- Agora cart
- Open cart
- Tomato cart
- Zen cart
Choose any of above free shopping carts and proceed with the installation. Their installer tool will automatically setup the shopping cart into selected domain name. For example, here is the OScommerce installation page from Simplescripts.
Once completed the cart installation, now you can login to administrator page and manage the website. OScommerce provides 7000+ free addon tools and all available for free use in your online store. Next, visit OScommerce website and get the payment processing service that allow your website to accept credit card payment. Once completed this process, your website will be able to
- Accept credit card payment
- Accept Paypal payment
- Accept Google checkout
- Link to Amazon
- Link to eBay etc.
Above are the two simple steps to setup eCommerce shopping sites and all start with selected the right web hosting plan. Bluehost for example is providing 1-click installer and open source shopping cart is providing payment processing integration and free addon tools. All these simplify the creation of eCommerce shopping site.
If your web hosting plan doesn’t provide 1-click installer, here is the user guide to setup ecommerce shopping cart manually.
- Make sure you already have a Bluehost.com hosting plan
- Download the free OScommerce shopping cart script.
- Unzip the OScommerce script and upload to Blue Host server.
- Check the setting of php.ini, make sure it is “register_globals = on”
- In Bluehost cPanel, create new MySQL database and create database user.
- To start the OScommerce installation, browse to the location of the folder, e.g.: www.yourdomain.com/store and the installer will guide you through.
- Simple as that, your installation is completed.